Monday, September 19, 2011

Making Yo-Yo Pumpkins With My Grandkids


My grandkids and I made yo-yo pumpkins for a couple of days.  This is a super-fast and super-easy craft to do.  And...it uses up stash! It also was a very fun thing to do with the kids.  I think we made some memories here.  Kids 5 and up can do most of this without any help.


Here is a picture of Brenin and Luca with the products of our labor.  Aren't they cute?

I have to admit that I did not think this up.   I found a tutorial for this at Happier Than A Pig in Mud.  To see the tutorial for this click here.


I found some more orange fabric at JoAnn's today after the first two colors were made.  I think I need one more color to round out the setting. 


See what i mean?  The three colors are a nice touch.

Now I am really in the fall mood.  I dug out the table runners I made a few years ago from an Art To Heart book and set the pumpkins on top.  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. love these pumpkins!!! your grandkids are adorable...such sweet, happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! They turned out so cute, looks like the girls had fun:@)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in leaving a comment. Sorry for the verification, but I have had a lot of trouble with spam lately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...